Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Error code 429: Time limit reset request

Hi I can't access data through in Python can you please help? I dont want to wait for this long this is 12 hours approx. can you reset the time limit please?

Error code 429 | Client Error: Too many requests, please try again later. Wait for 48703 seconds.

error429
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
884 4 2 8

Hi @elaine.aliwalas,

For this incident, internally we can raise a request by ourselves on the ServiceNow portal.

Based on the Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline document, the current request per second limit is 5 requests per second.

Please check the answers in the following posts for more detail about this issue:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Hi @Shadab Hussain Thank you. What is the procedure if this is for an external client please?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @elaine.aliwalas

I think the client needs to adjust the code based on the answers from the old posts (those "Error code 429" links) that my colleague has given to you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.