For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

DSS Corporate Actions Basics (C# API)

I have inherited a codebase which retrieves a number of Corporate Actions (different exeuction types like "Stock Split", "Cash Dividends" or "Rights Issues") to be further processed within our system.

The code is quite contrived and hard to read.

It would be a little easier with a good guide / documentation about DSS Corporate Actions at hand.

Is there such a thing?
I would really like to have some basic description on how to simply retrieve Corporate Actions for a given list of Instruments categorized by Execution Type.

Thanks!

corporate-actions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
22.6k 59 14 21

Hello @some_one,

DSS API itself is fairly straightforward. It is a web service and after initial authentication, user sends a JSON request and receives a JSON response.

The content received from different web service endpoints is vastly different, and not covered in these developers forum. I would recommend that you start by looking at API Reference Tree and if any content piece is unclear, raise a content help ticket at my.refinitiv.com.

Here are similar questions that can get you started with Corex in DSS -

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/37230/how-i-can-get-corporation-action-details-from-a-ri.html

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/59310/retrieving-upcoming-earnings-events-agms.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @some_one ,

I would start with tutorial REST API Tutorial 5: On Demand corporate actions extraction.

This should give a very good idea of how Corporate Actions requests are handled. I would download Postman, import the downloadable collections and run the steps.

You will need to do the same with .NET SDK, and so next I would review .Net SDK Tutorial 1 Connecting to the DSS server and one of the other extraction type .NET tutorials, for example, EOD on Demand, and process the request for Corporate Actions analogously.

I fully agree with @Gurpreet, for the details of Corporate Action extraction, that you will need, DSS REST API Reference Tree is the definitive and most helpful resource.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 3

Thank you both @zoya faberov, @Gurpreet,

this was exactly the starting point I was looking for. The info that DSS is basically just a wrapper around a multitude of different web services helps a lot.

I also did not find the DSS Reference Tree on my own, so this will also be helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.