question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 2 4

Record Matching API website support gives an error

Hello,

I'm trying to use the website feature through a python script using the REST API, and hitting a snag. It appears that there is a trailing \r after the data that messes up the JSON parsing:

URL='https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/match'

header={'Accept': 'application/json', 'Content-Type': 'text/plain', 'x-ag-access-token': 'xxx', 'x-openmatch-dataType': 'Organization', 'x-openmatch-numberOfMatchesPerRecord': 1}

data='LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,Country,Street,City,PostalCode,State,Website \n ,,Apple,,,,,,http://www.apple.com'

Exception Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 819, in json return json.loads(self.text, **kwargs)

...File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line 400, in raw_decode return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())

JSONDecodeError: Invalid control character u'\r' at: line 1 column 692 (char 691)

Note: i am running python 2.7 and requests 2.7 in cygwin, on windows 10.

pythonerrorpermid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apijson
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
80.1k 257 52 75

@vna

I found that the problem only happens when the request text contains the website information.

LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,Country,Street,City,PostalCode,State,Website

,,Apple,,,,,,www.apple.com

The response will contain 0x0D after the "Input_Website" text.

However, if I removed the website information, the response is fine.

LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,Country,Street,City,PostalCode,State,Website

,,Apple,,,,,,

The response is:

{
  "ignore": "    ",
  "unMatched": 0,
  "matched": {
    "total": 1,
    "excellent": 1
  },
  "numReceivedRecords": 1,
  "numProcessedRecords": 1,
  "numErrorRecords": 0,
  "headersIdentifiedSuccessfully": [
    "localid",
    "standard identifier",
    "name",
    "country",
    "street",
    "city",
    "postalcode",
    "state",
    "website"
  ],
  "headersNotIdentified": [],
  "headersSupportedWereNotSent": [],
  "errorCode": 0,
  "errorCodeMessage": "Success",
  "resolvingTimeInMs": 238,
  "requestTimeInMs": 238,
  "outputContentResponse": [
    {
      "ProcessingStatus": "OK",
      "Match OpenPermID": "https://permid.org/1-4295905573",
      "Match OrgName": "Apple Inc",
      "Match Score": "92%",
      "Match Level": "Excellent",
      "Match Ordinal": "1",
      "Original Row Number": "2",
      "Input_Name": "Apple"
    }
  ]
}

Please confirm if it is the same problem that you found.

hex.png (9.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Yes, it is the same issue I have. Did you find any way to counteract that? (that ideally doesn't require me to hack into the requests library for this one special case)

icon clock
10 |1500

I have contacted the support team to verify this problem.

@vna

The development team can replicate the issue. They will handle it. I will keep you updated on its progress.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Hello Jira, any news on this bug? I was hoping to start using websites by next month :)

icon clock
10 |1500

@vna

There was no response back from the development team. I will contact them again for the update.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Hello Sunil & Jira,

any response yet? I am blocked trying to use the API if i can't match websites...

best

VnA

icon clock
10 |1500

@vna

I have tested it. The problem has been fixed. There is no 0x0D after the "Input_Website" text anymore.

Upvotes
5 1 2 4

Thanks! It seems ok now for me too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.