For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 4 10 13

Contributions over Websockets - NotEntitled code

Hi,

We are working with Refinitiv (Richard Smith) to create a POC for Contributions (Posting data using Websockets).

We have developed a POC for automatically creating RICs and have created a sample RIC under SAMPLE3=LLAC

We are now trying to post data to that RIC. I have create a sample app in C# that does this but I am getting a NotEntitled code after my Login request.

I have reached out to Refinitiv (Richard Smith) who has advised I create a ticket here.

We successfully authenticate and get back a token, however, the Login seems to be rejected.

Here are the responses:

{ {

"access_token": "REMOVED FOR CLARITY",

"refresh_token": "c1126397-cea8-49f4-bf95-0d5c3e78eb2f",

"expires_in": "600",

"scope": "",

"token_type": "Bearer"

}}

I then send a Login request, like:

{"ID":1,

"Domain":"Login",

"Key": {

"NameType": "AuthnToken",

"Elements": {

"ApplicationId": "256",

"Position": "10.0.0.162",

"AuthenticationToken": "REMOVED FOR CLARITY"

}

}

}

And get back a NotEntitled Code:

{ {"ID": 1,

"Type": "Status",

"Domain": "Login",

"State": {

"Stream": "Closed",

"Data": "Suspect",

"Code": "NotEntitled",

"Text": "System busy"

},

"Private": true

}

}

I used the following details (from the Python example on Developer Portal):

Auth URL: https://api.refinitiv.com:443/auth/oauth2/v1/token

Host: contrib-ws1-emea1.platform.refinitiv.com => wss://contrib-ws1-emea1.platform.refinitiv.com/WebSocket

Service: DDS_TRCE

AppID: 256

Port: 443

Are these correct or is it permissions on my account?

I wasn't sure about the Service name - where do I find this information?

Thanks

Emir

websocketscontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @emir.subasic

Ok - so if you can log in successfully - but only the Post is falling, then it is most likely you don't have the correct permission to post to those RICs.

I also note the 'System busy' text in the above status message - so the NotEntitled could be a red-herring.

This is something the RCC team will need to investigate.

I understand Richard is arranging a call with you and the RCC team for tomorrow.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @emir.subasic

Are you following the RCC Contributions Tutorial at Contributing Data to Refinitiv Contributions Channel (RCC) via WebSocket

Do you have an RCC-specific MachineID, password etc - or are you just using your RTO MachineID?

The service name appears correct.

icon clock
10 |1500

@emir.subasic - also please note that is not an official support mechanism - Whilst we can try and help answer any queries posted here - we don't create a ticket.

If you want to raise an official Ticket with the RCC team you can also do so at https://my.refinitiv.com/

It is also possible you only have UAT credentials and not PROD credentials?
If so, please refer to the above article which shows the UAT endpoint - contrib-ws1-emea1.uat.platform.refinitiv.com

The contact at Refinitiv has confirmed this is for production but I will try the uat also.
Upvotes
37 4 10 13

Hi,

I believe I am and my machine ID is GE-A-01281282-x-xxxx. I used this ID to create new RICs successfully. I have a password for it and have generated a Client ID also.

Thanks

Emir

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.