For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
53 4 5 6

ISO Country List

Hello,

I am just trying to get round some issues with the character set of the ISO Country List API Call at /reference/countries. I have just noticed that it returns some odd characters in Postman around country codes as seen below:

CUW - Cura��ao

CIV - C��te d'Ivoire

Amongst others. the Character is a Diamond box with a question mark, I can only assume that this is a character set encoding issue which shouldn't happen if the response/request is being made via Unicode?

Can anyone shed any light on how to get round this issue?

world-checkworld-check-oneunicode
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @john.crocker,

The two characters are ç and ô that character encoding display issues.

Curaçao and Côte d'lvoire (along with other international chars) can be typed using a couple methods. Because I often need to type international characters I setup my Windows PC to toggle between US and United States-International. (easy to do)

Using US-International keyboard mode - French C cedilla ç is simply typed by holding down the (Right Alt Key) then press <

Almost all the other accents are simply the accent key followed by the character

So in US-I more type: ^ followed by o to produce ô

ñ is ~ followed by n

I checked both Postman chrome & Postman native version and does not seem to support these accent chars. Postman Native version returns 501: Not Implemented. Perhaps its an environment issue in Postman. These chars should work properly in WC-1 application and API.

Hope this helps,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
53 4 5 6

Additionally, the same also happens for Screened Profiles as well where these characters (specifically these countries for example) exist.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
53 4 5 6

In the case of "CUW" it looks like it should render as "

Curaçao

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @john.crocker,

I'll submit a ticket to ensure the issue is checked in both the API and WC1 application.

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks Brian, I did actually login to Accelus to check there what it was rendering, and it does actually render in exactly the same way there.

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @john.crocker,

I verified this is fixed in the next release, due out in the December release.

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.