question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 6 12 17

Initial Attempt to connect to trep fh

I see the default connect attempt when initial start is 5 after that I get Error and the sample client app exits? Is there a configurable way to increase that?

ema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
22.4k 59 14 21

Hi @vishal.anand,

As discussed in your other question, please look into the configuration parameter - LoginRequestTimeOut.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @vishal.anand ,

What is your version of RTSDK? Just in case, the latest pre-built RTSDK 2.0.6 for C/C++ can is available in RTSDK C++ Downloads and one for Java from RTSDK Java Downloads.

If you run a quick test with the simple example that comes with RTSDK "EMA Consumer 100", without any changes to it, this example has infra host = "localhost:14002" hard-coded as the endpoint to connect to, you should observe it fail with a message similar to:

"Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds)', ErrorCode='-4052'".

Once you re-point this example to your local infrastructure, by updating in code infra host setting to be your local valid infra (you may also need to set the user to your valid user assigned), then the example should be able to connect to the local infra infra.

The default login request timeout is 45000 msec. This is the recommended setting, as in general, if connectivity to infra is available, a connection should be established within 45 sec. The other default settings are dictionary download and source directory download, also 45 sec.

Hope that this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Version is 2.0.5.

I wanted to know if there is a way to increase the initial tries . Currently it exits after 5 tries during initial startup (1st time trying to connect ) throwing exception .

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.