question

Upvotes
Accepted
48 3 12 11

rmdsserver replay pre-recorded TREP data at original tick rate

hi - I have recorded RMDS data and I can replay it with rmdstestserver/rmdsserver. How do I make the replay happen at the same rate as I recorded it? To be clear I dont want to set the rate at some average rate, but I'd like it to replay at the same range of rates that I saw on the feed when I captured the canned data.

Im using the pre-compiled sink-driven-source I get with ads3.4.0.L1.linux.tis.rrg/linux7_x86_64/demo but I can upgrade if necessary.

I know I can set the replay rate with " -U 1000 -M 12000 -D 1000 -T 10 -W 10 -I 1 -resetToStartUpdRate", thats NOT what Im after.

treprmds-test-clientsink-driven-sourcereplay-toolstress-test
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @duncan_kerr,

I have recorded some binary data with command:

testclient -f itemFile.cfg -S ELEKTRON_DD -ct rssl -h X.X.X.X -p 14002 -ct rssl -rf 8 -
I 1 -m -obf curr_capture.bin

After some trial and error (my usage of Infra Tools is usually limited to a small subset of the list of the available functionalities), I have replayed with this command:

testserver -S ELEKTRON_DD -E rssl -N 14002 -K -I 1 -bdf curr_capture.bin -b -replay 1 -replayRate 1

Let us know if this is helpful, how this works on your side?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @duncan_kerr,

I am looking at the latest, REFINITIV REAL-TIME DEMO TOOLS OPERATIONS MANUAL -> Section "2.5.14 RSSL with Timed Interval Replay"

"The replay method replays the messages according to the time interval that they were received. Each message has a timestamp. The next message in the sequence finds the difference between the timestamps and sends the next message after x microseconds expire. This timing is not exact because it depends on the OS granularity provisioning..."

I think this may be what you are looking for- see the relevant section in the Demo Tools guide for your version of Infra Tools for the specifics.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
48 3 12 11

Hi the docs assume interactive mode (-c). Im running in an automated environment so I cant do that . Also when I run in interactive mode - I get IMAGE records but no UPDATES. Can you clarify please?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @duncan_kerr,

From reading the guide, -c should not be the key to Timer Interval Replay, rather -replay and optionally, -replayrate. The capture file, in my best understanding of the guide section, has to be recorded with the same version and type binary.

Other then relying on the information provided in the latest guide, I will have to test this on my side, and get back to you, I will not be able to do so immediately.

You have the option of contacting Refinitiv support and having a Refinitiv infra expert provide the guidance on using this feature- this may be a quicker way.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.