question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 3 1 6

App Studio .Net SDK Installation and Visual Studio

Hi, Would you please let me know how to make App Studio .Net SDK work with Visual Studio as described in the tutorial?

I followed exactly all the instructions given in the tutorial. The installation itself was successful.

However when I run Visual Studio, there are no Tool bars and Templates for Eikon.

Eikon is up to date. Visual Studio is 2015, Professional version.

Your kind advice will help me a lot.

Thank you so much!

eikon.neteikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

The App Studio toolbar is supported only in VS2012 and 2013.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much. I will downgrade to 2013.

By the way, does Eikon accept Express 2013 version?

Hi @mechakucha,

If your goal is to create an application retrieving data from Eikon, you can use Eikon COM and .NET APIs with any version of Visual Studio including VS 2015 and including VS Express edition. For this purpose you don't need the App Studio toolbar. Refer to the section of this portal describing the use of Eikon COM APIs and/or Eikon .NET SDK for use in custom applications.

If the goal is to create an app residing on Eikon App Studio platform, then as Zhenya said, you do need the App Studio toolbar for VS, which is only supported with "full" editions of Visual Studio 2012 and 2013. By the way using VS Express in the context of Eikon App Studio would certainly be a violation of Microsoft license.

Thank you so much for your explanation!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.