question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

RFA C++ with Solaris Studio: is there a C++11 ABI release ?

To use C++11 features with Solaris studio, one have to use a new ABI (the g++ one by the way) which is not compatible with the legacy one.

Consequence: all C++ 3rd parties of a product must already be available compiled with the new ABI before one can start using C++11 in one's own product.

Is RFA available with this ABI? I can see no related info in the compatibility matrix.

Thanks

treprfarfa-apic++solaris
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

@alexandre.feblot

Compatibility matrix 2.0 lists Sun Studio 12 for RFA 8.X and 7.4+.

Only in Solaris Studio 12.4 (formerly Sun Studio) C++11 support became available.

Therefore, RFA is not available with C++11.

As the new features become available with the new API versions, the API compatibility matrix is updated. It reflects the major features, while README reflects the specifics.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Thanks for your answer.

How should we understand "sun Studio 12": As "12.0, or 12.x ? Even 12.3 is already out of support for what I know.

Does your answer mean that we'll have to wait for RFA 9.X to have a chance to get a C++11 compatible release?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

@alexandre.feblot

Hello Alexandre,

As a customer, I think the right approach is to submit an API enhancement request at:

Enhancement Request

All client requests will be carefully reviewed and prioritized according to demand and resource availability, you get the best chance to see your request sooner.

We expect the new features will first be released into Elektron API suite.

This I do not see on EMA plans as of now, so by submitting an enhancement request, we note that there is a client with interest in the specific feature and prioritize.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

...and it seems I'm not entitled for Enhancement Requests :-s :

Reuters Enhancement Gateway

This page is only for the use of authorised staff

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Alexandre,

I have raised a Enhancement Request on your behalf.

The reference is SR: 05121153 and I included your email address in case anyone wants to contact you directly.

If there is any further information you wish me to add please let me know.

Hi, thanks a lot

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Enhancement Request raised

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.