question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 3 4

How to use SymbolList for C++ for SnapShot request

Ok, I am not sure if I am in right direction. Basically I want to make Snapshot request with the help of RFA C++. This request should be for multiple RICs. I tried the example for Batch View but that is Data Streaming request

treprfarfa-apisymbologybatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @brajesh.shuklafil. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @brajesh.shuklafil

You can make a snapshot batch request by simply make a batch request without InterestAfterRefresh Flag.

For example, go to Batch View example and modified the sendBatchRequest function by remove the flag from reqMsg.setInteractionType() .

//This routine sends a single batch request for a list of items.
//The batch request feature allows an application to specify interest in multiple items of the same Message Type.
//This is done by specifying interest in multiple items passed in a single request message.
Handle* StarterConsumer_BatchView::sendBatchRequest(const StringList* strList, const StringList* ViewFieldIdList, char reqType, const char* listValue)
{
	Handle* batchReqHandle = 0;
	unsigned int count = strList->size();
	if(count <= 0)
		return batchReqHandle;

ReqMsg reqMsg;
	AttribInfo attribInfo;
	reqMsg.setMsgModelType(rfa::rdm::MMT_MARKET_PRICE);
	reqMsg.setInteractionType(rfa::message::ReqMsg::InitialImageFlag);

But please note that snapshot batch requests may require TREP premium feature licenses. TREP infra (ADS) may not accept snapshot batch requests if you don't have the license.

Please contact your TR account manager in that case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi,

Can you please expand on your requirement? What exactly do you wish to do?

Also, you have posted under the Elektron forum but tagged 'C++ RFA'. Please confirm which API you plan to use ETA C / EMA C++ or RFA C++?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 3 4

Ok, I am not sure if I am in right direction. Basically I want to make Snapshot request with the help of RFA C++. This request should be for multiple RICs. I tried the example for Batch View but that is Data Streaming request

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.