question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 2 3 7

When Connection parameters are not correct the call to eventQueue.dispatch(....) hangs and never throws an exception.

Hi,

The code snippet at the bottom works perfectly when the connection parametes such as name of the ads server, the port and Dacs-User-Id is correct.

But as soon as I change the Dacs-User-Id to a an incorrect one, the call to dispatch hangs and if there has been a successful connection prior to connection that makes the code to hang, the successful connection is destroyed and not events(updates) are dispatched from the existing successful connection. So in simple words submitting a connection with erroneous parameters will cause the program to hang and if the Dispatchable.INFINITE_WAIT is changed to 2000 milliseconds then it will return but as the result the call directoryClient.getServices() returns no services and worst of all the perviously successful RSSL-Connections gets corrupted in the same instance of the the app.

I have somehow the same setup for SSL code ( slightly different though ) below which works perfectly if when trying to connect and having a wrong parameter like DACS-User-Id. This means that eventually an exception is thrown and the code would never hang. Also perviously created and existing SSL Connections do not get corrupted and the clients that have registered their interest would easily re-register new insterests and work as expected.

Anyone who could shed some light on this issue? Would appreciated your expreties and help. Many thanks in advance.

In both cases(SSL and RSSL) the session has been creaed using

session = Session.acquire(connectionParameters);
and also 
session.createEventSource(..... ) has been created to get a consumer.
try {  

eventGroup.dispatch(EventQueue.INFINITE_WAIT);

} 
catch (Exception e) {

logger.error("Error on listener thread.  Error dispatching Event group.", e);

}

========

RSSL Version

========

try {

request.setMsgType(OMMMsg.MsgType.STREAMING_REQ); request.setMsgModelType(RDMMsgTypes.DIRECTORY); OMMAttribInfo attribInfo = pool.acquireAttribInfo(); attribInfo.setFilter( RDMService.Filter.INFO | RDMService.Filter.STATE | RDMService.Filter.GROUP ); request.setAttribInfo(attribInfo);

OMMItemIntSpec spec = new OMMItemIntSpec(); spec.setMsg(request);

EventQueue eventQueue = EventQueue.create("directoryQueue"); directoryHandle = ommConsumer.registerClient(eventQueue, spec, directoryClient, null); eventQueue.dispatch(Dispatchable.INFINITE_WAIT);

} catch (Exception e) {

//Handling the exception

}

List<RMDSService> services = directoryClient.getServices();

for(RMDSService service : services) {

availableServices.put(service.getName(), service);

}

return services;

treprfarfa-apirssl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Wasin Waeosri

Hello @AMofidy-Rouhi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @AMofidy-Rouhi

If the API cannot connect to the ADS server because the wrong IP or wrong RSSL port, the application will receive the LOGIN REFRESH_RESP with the following attributes from the API via the processEvent function.

• Msg Type: MsgType.REFRESH_RESP
  • Msg Model Type: LOGIN
  • Stream state: OPEN
  • Data state: SUSPECT
  • Status Code: NONE
  • Status Text: "All connections pending"

And the RFA trace file (need to be enabled) shows the following message:

Thread: <your session> Session EventQueueGroup

Connection 0

RSSL Connection failed for <IP>: null //Wrong IP

or

RSSL Connection failed for <IP>: Connection refused: no further information //Wrong Port

I have tested with the RFA Java 7.6.1's StarterConsumer example and it works fine without any freeze or hang, the processEvent receives the above response successfully.

Could you pleaes test with the RFA Java StarterConsumer example?

What is the version of RFA and the Java that you are using?

Why did you code put the eventQueue.dispatch(Dispatchable.INFINITE_WAIT); statement there? Regarding section 9.2.6.1 "Receiving Inbound Events", the dispatch method typically called within a loop. Please see an example in the RFA Java StarterConsumer example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @AMofidy-Rouhi

Basically, the API returns the error message as a status response (STATUS_RESP) to the application when an invalid DACS ID is used.

If that DACS ID does not have a permission to access ADS,t he API returns the following to the application and it stops establish a connect to the ADS.

• Stream state: Closed
  • Data state: Suspect
  • Status Code: USER_UNKNOWN_TO_PERM_SYS
  • Status Text: "User <Username> is not registered" or "<Username> unknown to system."

If that DACS ID does not have a permission to request data, The API returns the following message to the application and that item request stream is closed.

• Stream state: Closed
  • Data state: Suspect
  • Status Code: Not Entitled
  • Status Text: <depending on each permission issue>

Example status text: "Access Denied: User req to IDN for Exch - <XXX>" or "A21: DACS denied access to Vendor due to missing Vendor table", etc

Does the application handles the above status messages from the API?

icon clock
10 |1500

@Wasin Waeosir Thanks for your response. I have to let you know that it is not only the DACS-ID that causes my consumer app to freeze. Anything that makes the connection to go wrong ( worng port number, wrong IP for the ADS.. etc...) causes my consumer application to freez.In regards to your answer I have to let you know that the implementation for processEvent (...) of the Client interface does not even get called for me to check the Status.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @AMofidy-Rouhi I did not receive any updates for a while. Can you replicate the issue with the RFA Java StarterConsumer example?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.