question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 4

RD API for interpolated yield on an issuer curve

Hello,

Is there an RD Library API that would return an interpolated yield for a given issuer code(issuer curve chain) and tenor ?

As an example, see below the issuer curve of WFC and I would like to pass in the issuer benchmark chain <0#WFCUSDABMK=> and tenor 3 1/2 years and should expect to get back ~5.365%. I realize I can download the curve and interpolate locally but trying to save steps/efficiency.

Thanks

1701621114736.png

#contentbondsyield-curve
1701621114736.png (82.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Moti.Konak ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thank you,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @Moti.Konak ,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me as though you are looking for Broken Date Rates; this is something you can find in the Workspace App for FX in 'FWDS:

1701710585095.png

This app uses the IPA set of APIs, for which you can find information here (you may have to click on that link once, then login, then click on that link again to make sure you're sent to the correct sub-page). I wrote an article that I didn't publish yet about this, you can find it here. However, if you are after Bond related curves, I think you're after the Bond Contracts page. If you are looking into coding this in Python, I'm afraid that there is no Access Layer Python functions available, however, you can 'ping' the the Bond Contracts IPA endpoint directly using the Delivery Layer, in a similar way to what I did in the aforementioned article I did not publish. Note that we have a 'Postman-like' environment for you to test REST API calls to IPA, it's the API Playground.

1701710585095.png (271.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.