question

Upvotes
Accepted
69 11 20 19

THTHv1 - EndOfDay response with different data

Hi, we are making the following request via DSS. We get no results via DSS, but we get results in the similar request via TRTHv1, can you please explain why? Maybe we need an additional parameter in our DSS request?

{"ExtractionRequest":{"@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest","ContentFieldNames":["RIC","Trade Date","High","Low"],"IdentifierList":{"@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList","InstrumentIdentifiers":[{"Identifier":"DTEGn150bX6.EX","IdentifierType":"Ric"}],"ValidationOptions":{"AllowHistoricalInstruments":true},"UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions":false},"Condition":{"StartDate":"2015-02-04T00:00:00.000Z","EndDate":"2015-02-04T00:00:00.000Z"}}}

tick-history-rest-apipricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Philipp Considering your query, we moved it from the DSS to the TRTH forum, it seems more appropriate (because this is related to TRTH data), and will help people discover it. AHS

Philipp avatar image   Philipp Christiaan Meihsl

But the question is 'why are these high/low values not delivered via DSS'. So I don't think it is a TRTH question, the values in TRTH are fine.

The reason is the following (and yes, I agree, the link between DSS & TRTH is a bit confusing):

The TRTH REST API connects to the same servers as DSS. But the account permissioning is based on the service contract, for either DSS or TRTH data, so only the API calls for DSS or TRTH data will be available to a specific account (some API calls are common, like those to authenticate). An ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest request is only available to an account permissioned for TRTH data, which is why this query is better placed in the TRTH forum.

I hope this clarifies :-)

Show more comments

Sorry, the question was not written that good, i updated it.

Looks like the TRTH forum is not that responsive ... can anybody please help me with this one!?

@Philipp, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the latest reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
176 3 0 5

Hi all

There are offline discussions with Philipp on Historical Options EOD data. For the sake of clarity here's some information -

"End of Day for Historical Options in TRTH v2 is work-in-progress. This data will be supported in the Elektron Timeseries template, ETA for the release of this content is May 2017."

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
69 11 20 19

Can anybody help please!?

icon clock
10 |1500

Escalated to Mercedes Diaz.

Upvotes
176 3 0 5
@Philipp

Hi Philipp - End of Day data for Historical Options in TRTH v2 is work-in-progress. I will get back to you with further details shortly.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Rakesh.Singh, the customer's REST API query is valid, but returns no data, I tried it on TRTH REST.

TRTH REST uses Elektron data whereas TRTH v1 GUI uses IDN data, but I would expect the Elektron data set to be richer than the IDN set.

Can you explain to the customer why he does not receive any data ?

@ Christiaan Meihsl ♦♦

Hi - End of Day for Historical Options in TRTH v2 is work-in-progress. This data will be supported in the Elektron Timeseries template, ETA for the release of this content is May 2017.

@Rakesh.Singh, ok, great, thank you.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.