question

Upvotes
Accepted
59 5 1 5

Launchpad AWS API keys not valid

I am currently trying to set up a DF instance via Launchpad. After having done so once the instance was deleted, I believe because the relevant tagging is currently not supported in the Sandbox environment.

Trying to set-up again I am now unable to do so, getting a notification that my AWS API keys are not valid (I have entered the session key).

Re-generating the keys does not solve the problem.

Any advise on how to get set up would be much appreciated.

data-fusion
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@l.carstens

Your post contains links that lead to internal TR content, which our customers cannot reach. Please reformulate your query, or alternatively make it private to TR. Thank you. AHS

Thanks for pointing that out, my apologies!

No worry, and thanks for making the changes :)

Upvote
Accepted
59 5 1 5

The issue seems to have been caused not because of invalid keys, but rather by the S3 bucket limit having been reached on the FR-Sandbox instance.

You can test for this by trying to create a test bucket with AWS CLI, using something like the following command:

aws --profile saml s3api create-bucket --bucket df-test.

The issue has been resolved by requesting an increase in the maximum bucket count (via the AWS support center).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
116 1 0 2

Launchpad validates keys by trying to create a S3 bucket - where it will store the state of the cluster in when it begins building with terraform. Could you validate you can use your keys via the AWS CLI tools and then try again? Another reason may be a errant space before or after the key (there is a fix going out shortly to trim keys).

icon clock
10 |1500

I've made sure there are no trailing spaces anywhere.

The keys generated seem invalid, since I'm getting errors using the CLI as well.

As mentioned it has worked before using the process described on the Hub.

The keys only last 1 hour after created. You re-generated them correct? - I might suggest you reach out to the TR AWS team and see why they're not working.

Hi Eric,

Yes, I've re-generated them.

I will try and reach out to the TR AWS team.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.