question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 4 7 9

What exactly gets saved when you save a workspace in Eikon?

We are trying to persist certain application details using query parameters. However when we make changes to a url/query parameter in our application and then save the workspace in Eikon, when we close and reopen that workspace, the last url/query parameter is often not what gets restored. Instead it seems to use prior ones.

When I Save Workspace in Eikon, what exactly about my application window is being saved? Is there a way to access a Workspace's details? Or to interact with a Workspace to force it to save certain things?

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
257 1 3 5

Hi @mbarr

I understand that you're working on web app and you are using JET API right? If so, you can use JET.Archive.put('key', 'anyvalue') to save the data to the workspace and JET.Archive.get('key') to restore the value. The data you saved, will be persisted together with the workspace for that window instance. Please be aware that what's saved is not available to another app window.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you! This should work great for our needs.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.