question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 3

RSearch(): Maximum number of instruments retrieved

It seems that the maximum number of instruments retrieved for RSearch function is 2000. From the help file, I notice this limit is defined in administrative service. Can anyone tell me where it is? Much appreciated!

eikoneikon-com-apiexcelapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@h24cui

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@h24cui

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

From a developer perspective this limit is hardcoded. It can only be changed centrally by Thomson Reuters, and I'm afraid the company has no plans of changing it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 3

Hi, I would like to ask if there have been any developments on this and whether it is now possible to change the default limit.

The Eikon help file still includes that the default limit can be changed through editing the POWERLINK.RSEARCH.DEFAULT.NBROWS setting. And having had a look through the Config folder in the installation path, the LMO.USERPROFILE.xml file describes that this setting (as well as the POWERLINK.RSEARCH.MAX.INSTR.PER.QUERY setting) can be overridden at user level.

If it is possible, could you please help me with adjusting the limit?

Many thanks,

Marek

icon clock
10 |1500

If you need the search to return more than 2K rows, the only way to do this is to order the result by some criteria and use the result of the previous query to construct then next one. E.g. if you need to retrieve the listing of a stock exchange you can set the exchange as the criteria and order the result by market cap descending. Once you retrieve the first 2K stocks, you can retrieve market cap for them. And then for the next query you add the criteria that market cap is less than the smallest market cap returned for the stocks in the previous query, retrieve the next 2K stocks and so on.

Thanks for explaining Alex. It's a shame there's such a limit! Especially since there is very limited search functionality on the Data API. I would suggest that the information in the help file is either at least removed given it's misleading or it is indeed implemented.

Thanks

There have been no changes regarding the max number of instruments that can be returned using RSearch Excel function or RSearch COM API. Neither of the parameters you found has any effect.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.