question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

EIKON dde server

Did Eikon have DDE server so i can connect it to the meta trader 4 and if its haven't what is the product from Reuters that contain direct DDE server .

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ali

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@ali, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @ali

Eikon does not provide a DDE server. No modern Thomson Reuters products do. There may be some legacy Thomson One products that still provide a DDE server. If you'd like to explore this, I suggest you contact Thomson Reuters office in your country or call Thomson Reuters Helpdesk. Alternatively you can retrieve market data from Eikon into Excel and use Excel as DDE server providing this market data to another application via DDE. Or you can create your own DDE server using Eikon COM or .NET APIs to retrieve market data from Eikon. This said I'm curious what you were going to do with a DDE server? I'm not at all familiar with Metatrader, but a quick lookup online suggests that Metatrader itself provides a DDE server, but not a DDE client. In other words I see it's possible to retrieve market data from Metatrader into Excel or another DDE client. But I didn't see any mention of a capability by Metatrader to act as a DDE client. Or for that matter any other implementation of retrieving real-time market data from another provider into Metatrader. I may be totally wrong though, as like I said I'm not at all familiar with Metatrader.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.