For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Where can I set up the end point to receive the response from REST API after sending HTTP "Extraction" request?

I have set up a schedule in DataScope Select that include my instrument list and report. I will send a REST API call through HTTP. I was wondering how can I set up the end point to receive the response from my request.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @nickshih

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@nickshih

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

After setting up a schedule, you will get the ScheduleID in the response. Then you can use the ScheduleID to check the last extraction status. The URL is

GET: /Extractions/Schedules('ScheduleID')/LastExtraction

In the response, you will get the Status and ReportExtractionId.

Next, you need to retrieve the extraction report which contains the list of files generated on the DSS server with this URL:

GET: /Extractions/ReportExtractions('ReportExtractionId')/Files

The response or this request will contain the list of files with ExtractedFileId.

To retrieve the data from the DSS server, you need to use the following URL with the ExtractedFileId.

GET: /Extractions/ExtractedFiles('ExtractedFileId')/$value

For the complete steps, please refer this tutorial: REST API Tutorial 10: GUI control calls: immediate extract.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.