question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

Eikon Add-In for WPS Office.

Hello everyone,

I have installed WPS Office in my computer, and I'm having trouble using Eikon Add-In. I have installed other add-ins successfully in it, but I can't find the proper file to launch Eikon add-in and start using tools like Formula Builder.

The Eikon version I'm using is 4 (the latest). Can you tell me the name of the file that's being used to launch Eikon add-in in Excel, please?

Thanks for your time and help,

Aquiles

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The launch library for Eikon Excel COM Add-in is EikonOfficeShim.dll.
Please note that Eikon Excel COM Add-in is only supported with Microsoft Office. You can try using it with WPS Office, but there's absolutely no guarantee it will work. In fact I personally would be surprised if it does.
On a side note, this forum is for software developers utilizing Thomson Reuters APIs. All other questions about Thomson Reuters products including questions about Eikon install would be best directed to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk. You can contact Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by using Contact Us capability in Eikon or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country, which you can find following the link below:
http://my.thomsonreuters.com/ContactUsNew?Panel=CallUs

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much Alex, I tried that already and couldn't make it work, unfortunately. And sorry for posting this here, I'll be more careful with the topics of questions and follow your advice next time :)

Take care!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.