question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 3 3

DEX2 COM API & VBA : Currency field generating an automation error

Bonjour,

requesting currency with DEX2 is generating an automation error.

In my Dex2 class module if I setup a function with :

m_rdata.FieldList = "CURRENCY"

It gets no results although I can get one using the TR function in an excel spreadsheet.

The function is working with some fields such as m_rdata.FieldList = "TR.LipperRiccode" or "TR.NETASSETVAL" or "TR.PriceClose" so I guess this is related to the fields currency in itself. "CF_CURR" is generating the same error.

Any idea please ?

merci,

OR

eikoneikon-com-apiforexvba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 3 3

Merci.

I need to dig into AdfinX then. A third API alonsgside DEX2 & Rhistory. It was far more simpler in Bloomberg...

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You could go for TR.PriceClose.currency, respectively TR.FiCurrency for bonds or TR.Fundcurrency for Funds. Just be aware that the first two return ISO-Codes whereas the third is a normal Text, like USDollars instead of USD.

Not so consistent :/

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid the behavior you experienced is expected. DEX2 library can only be used to retrieve fields from fundamental & reference set. These fields can be identified by their names, which all start with "TR.". Fields whose names don't start with "TR." such as CURRENCY, CF_CURR etc. come from the real-time data stream and can be retrieved using AdfinX Real-Time COM library.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.