question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 2 6

Hi There. I'm trying to run the following using pycharm IDE (python 2.7). I however get a "400 Bad Request" error as per below. This error does not always occur, sometimes the exact same script runs fine. Please advise.

My Script:

df, err = ek.get_data(000001.SZ,000002.SZ,000030.KS,000039.SZ,000050.SZ, TR.PriceClose.calcdate; TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY - 3); TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY - 2); TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY - 1); TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY0); TR.EPSMean(Period=FY1); TR.EPSMean(Period=FY2); TR.EPSMean(Period=FY3); TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY - 3); TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY - 2); TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY - 1); TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY0); TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY1); TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY2); TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY3); TR.EPSMean(Period=FY - 3).periodenddate; TR.EPSMean(Period=FY - 2).periodenddate; TR.EPSMean(Period=FY - 1).periodenddate; TR.EPSMean(Period=FY0).periodenddate; TR.EPSMean(Period=FY1).periodenddate; TR.EPSMean(Period=FY2).periodenddate; TR.EPSMean(Period=FY3).periodenddate ,SDate=2017-01-01,EDate=2017-03-31,Frq=M)

Error I get:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/richardtbenade/Repos/df_001/datapull.py", line 71, in <module> df, err = ek.get_data(instrument_list_batch[k],get_command_string) File "/Users/richardtbenade/virtualenvs/eikon/lib/python2.7/site-packages/eikon/data_grid.py", line 141, in get_data result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(DataGrid_UDF_endpoint, payload, debug=debug) File "/Users/richardtbenade/virtualenvs/eikon/lib/python2.7/site-packages/eikon/json_requests.py", line 82, in send_json_request check_server_error(result) File "/Users/richardtbenade/virtualenvs/eikon/lib/python2.7/site-packages/eikon/json_requests.py", line 130, in check_server_error raise requests.HTTPError(error_message, response=server_response) requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Bad Request Process finished with exit code 1

eikoneikon-com-apierror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Jan
Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27
@Jan

I'm afraid the method you're executing doesn't make sense to me on more than one level.
The request example you provided has so many syntax errors, I don't see how it can possibly ever run fine. I have to assume that somehow the text must have been altered in transfer between IDE and your post here? Otherwise you'd be getting syntax errors instead of HTTP 400.
Semantically why do you want to mix the last business day of the month between January and March 2017 (provided by TR.PriceClose.calcdate with {'SDate':'2017-01-01','EDate':'2017-03-31','Frq':'M'} parameters) with EPS estimates for the previous and the next 3 years? But assuming for whatever reason this is indeed what you want to retrieve, the correct syntax is:

df, err = ek.get_data(['000001.SZ','000002.SZ','000030.KS','000039.SZ','000050.SZ'], ['TR.PriceClose.calcdate', 'TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY-3)', 'TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY-2)', 'TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY-1)', 'TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY0)', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY1); TR.EPSMean(Period=FY2)', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY3)', 'TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY-3)', 'TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY-2)', 'TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY-1)', 'TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY0)', 'TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY1)', 'TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY2)', 'TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY3)', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-3).periodenddate', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-2).periodenddate', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY-1).periodenddate', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY0).periodenddate', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY1).periodenddate', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY2).periodenddate', 'TR.EPSMean(Period=FY3).periodenddate'],{'SDate':'2017-01-01','EDate':'2017-03-31','Frq':'M'})

I noticed in your example you have white spaces in some of the field level parameters, e.g. there are two spaces in TR.NumberOfAnalysts(Period=FY - 3). Not sure of you had them in your script, but these spaces will certainly result in HTTP 400 error.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @Jan,

Would it be possible on your side to retest with Python 3.6?

I can not be sure about this specific issue, but find that some unexpected behaviors stop manifesting with py 3.6.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 2 2 6

Hi @zoya.farberov

We've tried using Python 3.62 but get the same issue?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.