For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes

Error for maximum attempts for StandardExtractions/UserPackageDeliveries

Why I am getting below error: do we have maximum attempts restrictions here?

{"error":{"message":"Too many requests for resource. Resource 'StandardExtractions Download', Attempted '5', Maximum '4', Reservation Id (tracking number)

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to DSS_SWAT

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

@satish.shioshankar.gaidhane

I am able to replicate the error, once I run multiple curl commands to concurrently download more than four VBD files at a time. This could be the limitation stated in the Thomson Reuters Tick History 11.1 REST API User Guide document.

How many files was you trying to download?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes

Hi I was trying only one file.. But I had already tried to download same file many times..

Is there is limitation to download one file.. might be we can download same file only for 4 times..

And I was getting this issue when there was another issue with file counts for date 08/08.. I raise another issue/ question..seems these 2 issues are correlated.

Another Question is :

veerapath.rungruengrayubkul mentioned you in an answer to the question Why VBD files not getting downloaded as gip file with StandardExtractions/UserPackageDeliveries? on Forum | TR Developer Community:

I am able to replicate the error by downloading the file: OPQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-5.csv.gz via API. The file also cannot be downloaded from Web GUI. It returns 404 - Not Found once I try to preview it. I will escalate this issue.

There is another file named "OPQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-4.csv.gz" which can be downloaded. Could you please veriy the file?

icon clock
10 |1500

There should be no limitation to download one file. You can download a file many times without limitation.

I have tried to repeatedly run the curl command to download the file "OPQ-2017-08-08-NORMALIZEDMP-Data-1-of-5.csv.gz". Some commands get the maximum attempts error.

It seems that the download process might not be completed imediately after the "The requested file was not found in AWS" error was returned, so the number of existing concurrent download could reach the limit.

Ok..so there can be many concurrent downloads for different files , but should not be many concurrent downloads for one file?

Currently, I cannot replicate the error message. I will escalate this to DSS team to confirm the information.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.