question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 4 4 6

Reinitialization of EikonDesktopDataAPI is forbidden

Hello! I downloaded demo "CSharpEikonnect", everything works fine, but - when I'm connecting to Eikon, then disconnecting and connecting again, I'm getting an error "Reinitialization of EikonDesktopDataAPI is forbidden". What does it mean?

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@aidynchik_84

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

I found the following information from this document. In Initialize method section:

EEikonDataAPIInitializeResult

• Succeed: The initialization is done or on going.
  • Error_Reinitialize: The initialization was already done. This error occurs when you try to re-initialize the library after a disconnection. This workflow is not supported for now.
  • InitializeFail: The initialization failed.

From this information, re-initialize the library after a disconnection doesn't support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

So, I can't disconnect and connect to Eikon again without restarting of my application?

Refer to the document, yes, it is.

Typically, the application should disconnect only when it exits.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.