question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 7

Opne DACS Java API - Need to implement login and Logout separately.

I need to integrate a consumer application to DACS through middleware tool. The requirement is :

Login to DACS infra with certain details like : Username, ApplicationID, Position, PE etc..

Logout only when logout request is made fro consumer application.

I'm following open DACS Java API to connect to DACS Daemon and Login to DACS Infrastructure. I'm following the exactly the same step and code which is available in Tutorial 4 - Content Based Entitlements (CBE)

Here, in tutorial, the logout action is performed after CBE check :

client.login(); 

client.waitForCallBackEvent(5); 

client.checkSubCBE();  

client.logout();

Instead of that,I need to do a separate call to logout a user.

Please guide.

EDIT: @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

There need to be separate API call like below :

Looks like below :

1. xyz.com/dacs/getEntitlements

This API should performs upto the following :

client.login(); 

client.checkSubCBE();  

i.e login, and check CBE.

Now, once the API gets response it will lost all the details for the current user who logged in. As the API is stateless.

2. xyz.com/dacs/{user}/logout

This should perform logout.

Now my concern here is that, while calling logout, _agent, and _handle instance required (_agent.logout(_handle);) . And logout as a separate API, we can't pass that from request.

DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Balwant

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello again!

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Balwant

The application can logout after it requests/consumes data. This depends on your requirements when you wish to log out after logging in. Please refer to Tutorial 5 - Integrating DacsClient with StarterConsumer, it shows how to integrate openDACS Java API with consumer application. The tutorial logs out after it gets data message (refresh message) to get DACS lock to check if a user has permission to access data against the user's profile or not.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Pimchaya

In tutorial 5 I can see it is returning a boolean succeessfullyLoginDACS which returns true or false. Also, DACS lock is obtained during Performing SBE check and subscribe item and then CBE check happens and finally logout. This all happens during one request.

In my scenario, Login an entitlement check, and logout will be separate request.

The workflow will be :

User requests logsin : Login- > Entitlement status return as true/false. (Call CBE)

User request logout : Logout -> User logged out returned (call logout)

For example faceboo/gmail

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Balwant

To login, in DacsSubscribeClient.login() it calls

_handle = _agent.login(_dacsEventQueue, request, this, null);

To perform SBE check, in DacsSubscribeClient.checkSubSBE() it calls:

AuthorizationCheckResult authCheckResult = _agent.checkSubscription(_handle, _usage, reqType,authCheckStatus, _serviceName, _itemName);

To subscribe item, in ItemManager.sendRequest() it calls

Handle itemHandle = _mainApp.getOMMConsumer().registerClient(_mainApp.getEventQueue(), ommItemIntSpec, this, null);

To check CBE, in DacsSubscribeClient.checkSubCBE(..) it calls

authCheckResult = _agent.checkSubscription(_handle, _usage,_reqtype,authCheckStatus, false,_serviceName, _itemName, dacsLock);

All are done by difference methods/difference requests. The application can calls the methods separately. For example, you can create an application containing a login button and a logout button. When a user clicks the login button, the application calls DacsSubscribeClient.login() and DacsSubscribeClient.checkSubCBE(..). When a user clicks the logout button, the application calls DacsSubscribeClient.logout().

If my explaination above does not serve your requirement, what one request do you mean?Does it mean the same _handle instance are used in performing login, checking SBE/CBE and logout?

icon clock
10 |1500

My concern is that for logout what parameter I need pass. How logout wil understand which user to logout?

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Balwant

To log out for a user, the handle(an instance of Handle class) of the user is required as shown below:

_agent.logout(_handle);

Please refer to DacsSubscribeClient.logout() which demonstrates how to log out a user.

_handle is previously obtained from logging in the user as shown in DacsSubscribeClient.login():

_handle = _agent.login(_dacsEventQueue, request, this, null);

The application should keep each user’s handle returned when logging in. When a user requests to log out, call logout function with the user’s handle. Hence, logout will understand which user to logout.

In addition, to perform SBE or CBE check, a user’s handle is required as well:

To perform SBE check:

authCheckResult = _agent.checkSubscription(_handle, _usage, reqType,authCheckStatus, _serviceName, _itemName);

To perform CBE check:

authCheckResult = _agent.checkSubscription(_handle, _usage,_reqtype,authCheckStatus, false,_serviceName, _itemName, dacsLock);

Hence, performing SBE/CBE check will understand which user requests to perform it.

The application should keep the user name and his handle for each user. Hence, it can perform SBE/CBE check or logout whenever any user requests properly by passing the handle of the user who requests to perform that action.

Open DACS API provides the interfaces to perform login, SBE/CBE check and logout to DACS. Managing users' session(when a user logs in/logs out) or users' info e.g. handle is the responsibilities of the application not Open DACS API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.