question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 9 11

Upgrade RFA7.2.1.L1 to RFA8.1.0.L1 but missing TibMsg

I have downloaded your RFA8.1 but find it hard to get the sample or tutorial working.
Our current application use RFA to get market data for US equity, for example CSCO.O.

The configuration used is something like this:

<node name="Connections"> <map/> <node name="us-dev"> <map> <entry key="connectionType" value="SSL"/> <entry key="serverType" value="sapi"/> <entry key="serverList" value="somer-server-ip"/> <entry key="portNumber" value="8101"/> <entry key="userName" value="_some-user-id"/> <entry key="downloadDataDict" value="true"/> <entry key="downloadFullMarketFeedDataDict" value="true"/> <entry key="logEnabled" value="true"/> <entry key="dacs_CbeEnabled" value="false"/> <entry key="dacs_SbePubEnabled" value="false"/> <entry key="dacs_SbeSubEnabled" value="false"/> </map> </node>

1) Will the same configuration be suitable for RFA 8.1?

2) We need to replace TibMsg with OMMMsg. Can you please provide a working sample that can get me market data price, say Level One Data?

A few findings with your RFA release

1) RFA 8.1 Java Tutorial download on your website is missing config file and does not work

2) RFA 8.1 release's QuckStart consumer and provider do not work - After using /Tools/Config_Editor to export to quickstart.xml, the file is has fewer settings, but the pair appears working-Then, it just makes me confused about that Config_Editor's function.

treprfarfa-apiOMM
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.9k 7 10 16

Please see the answers below:

1) Will the same configuration be suitable for RFA 8.1?

Answer: Unfortunately not. Since RFA 8.x does not support SSL and SASS3 connection types anymore, the configuration given won't be valid anymore. The latest version that still supports SSL connectionType is 7.6.1.L2. Otherwise, you will encounter a compilation error from old legacy classes such as MarketDataItemSub, MarketDataSubscriber, MarketDataSubscriberInterestSpec.

In order to migrate from MarketData to OMM interface, you need to re-write the application source code using OMM interface. Please see the migration guide as follows:

2) We need to replace TibMsg with OMMMsg. Can you please provide a working sample that can get me market data price, say Level One Data?

A few findings with your RFA release

1) RFA 8.1 Java Tutorial download on your website is missing config file and does not work Please refer to Tutorial 2 - Understanding RFA Java Configurations to export a config file from an RFA Configuration Editor tool.

2) RFA 8.1 release's QuckStart consumer and provider do not work - After using /Tools/Config_Editor to export to quickstart.xml, the file is has fewer settings, but the pair appears working-Then, it just makes me confused about that Config_Editor's function.

Answer: Can you please share the output screenshot of the QuickStart application? I'd like to review it and see what happened at that moment.

Anyway, Config_Editor (or RFA Configuration Editor) is a tool that facilitate developers to configure RFA Java's settings. RFA Java normally has three options to configure settings;

1. Java Preferences API (registry for Windows, flat-file base for non-Windows)
  2. XML-based via Java Preferences API. The application reads settings from XML file by Java Preferences API and keeps into internal Java Preference API database
  3. Programmatically ConfigDb object (memory-based).

Config_Editor provides an ability to convert settings back and forth between option 1 - a machine's repository and option 2 - xml. So, It depends on how the application reads configuration settings. If the application chooses option 1, you can use Config_Editor to set parameters or import settings from an xml file to the machine's repository. In other hand, when the application chooses option 2 - xml, you can use Config_Editor exports settings from the machine's repository into xml file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.