question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Question about Market Feed message header

When I compared the MarketFeed data recorded from two servers for some analysis. I found the header of the same message could look different sometimes. For example:

# From server A #
<FS>340<US>XX<GS>ITC.BO<US>7406<US>0<RS>
# From server B #
<FS>340<US>XX<GS>ITC.BO<US>7406<US>1<RS>

I expect the data to be completely identical so the difference worries me. May I know what <US>0<RS> and <US>1<RS> mean in the example above?

treprfarfa-apimarket-feed
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, if Jirapongse's answer provides reasonable explanation, I would suggest Accepting that, instead of the rephrased question?

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

The tags were gone in the original question. I've attached a picture that shows the tags.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

From Marketfeed Reference Manual, it is Record Transaction Level (RTL).

RTL is an optional field which is not always present. This field is sometimes used to detect message loss and duplication. However, the way it is used depends on the original data source. In general, sink applications cannot rely on the value without understand exactly how the source uses it.

Publishing applications should include this field, but do not have to set a value. A null value is valid and can be provided by sending the <US> separator without any value following it; e.g.: <FS>FUNCTION<US>TAG<GS>RIC<US>FIELD_LIST_NO<US><RS>

In conclusion, you can ignore its value.

record-response.png (18.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.