question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 4 5 7

Find all warrants for a given underlying RIC

Hi,

I would like to find (via TRTH API) all of the warrants for a given underlying RIC. I can find this information via Reuters/Eikon web app, but I have had no luck finding it in Datascope Select instrument search or via the API (which is my strong preference).

As an example, I am interested in all warrants for the underlying 0914.HK. In the web app I can see the following:

How can I access this programatically?

Cheers,

tick-history-rest-apiwarrants
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
22 4 5 7

I was able to use the warrant chain expansion, 0914W.HK, to expand both current and historical warrants for a given underlying. I would suggest this over searching for a description which only returns currently active warrants and relies on the warrant descriptions matching that of the underlying, which is not always the case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @bmcelroy

This is my request:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/EquitySearch HTTP/1.1
Prefer: respond-async
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Token <my_token>
{
    "SearchRequest": {
        "AssetStatus": "Active",
        "SubTypeCodes": ["WRNT"],
        "Description": "CONCH CEMENT",
        "ExchangeCodes": [
            "HKG"
        ]
    }
}

And this is the response I got:

response.txt

I can count them to 50 identifiers which is the same as on 0914.HK overview page.

capture.jpg (149.6 KiB)
response.txt (11.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.