question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 4 5 7

Find all warrants for a given underlying RIC

Hi,

I would like to find (via TRTH API) all of the warrants for a given underlying RIC. I can find this information via Reuters/Eikon web app, but I have had no luck finding it in Datascope Select instrument search or via the API (which is my strong preference).

As an example, I am interested in all warrants for the underlying 0914.HK. In the web app I can see the following:

How can I access this programatically?

Cheers,

tick-history-rest-apiwarrants
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @bmcelroy

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @bmcelroy

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22 4 5 7

I was able to use the warrant chain expansion, 0914W.HK, to expand both current and historical warrants for a given underlying. I would suggest this over searching for a description which only returns currently active warrants and relies on the warrant descriptions matching that of the underlying, which is not always the case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @bmcelroy

This is my request:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/EquitySearch HTTP/1.1
Prefer: respond-async
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Token <my_token>
{
    "SearchRequest": {
        "AssetStatus": "Active",
        "SubTypeCodes": ["WRNT"],
        "Description": "CONCH CEMENT",
        "ExchangeCodes": [
            "HKG"
        ]
    }
}

And this is the response I got:

response.txt

I can count them to 50 identifiers which is the same as on 0914.HK overview page.

capture.jpg (149.6 KiB)
response.txt (11.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.