question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How does the Update Category field get updated?

For the Screening Online API there is a field "Update Category" with values that look to indicate the severity of an update to a match entity. Values are C1-C4 and Unknown.

My understanding is that a value of C1 indicates a higher severity update. How will this value changed over time? For example, if a match entity was not sanctioned, but gets updated and becomes sanctioned later, should we expect an update to the profile and for the Update Category to populate with C1?

Also, if the Update Category is currently displaying C1 for a match entity, but then a smaller update to the profile was applied (such as an additional weblink or alias name) would we expect the Update Category to change to something lower, such as a C4?

world-checkscreeningscreening-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sent an email to Shweta Lal asking to provide a response to user's follow up clarification. Extending the triage for 1 week.

@Paul.Iezzi

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Paul.Iezzi

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
408 3 4 5

@Paul.Iezzi, So there is only 1 field for update category and no history is maintained. So if the first update was C1 and the next one was C3. C1 will be replaced with C3. This is assuming that users would have taken action on the previous updates.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
408 3 4 5

Hi @Paul.Iezzi, update Categorization field has 4 types C1, C2, C3, C4 where C1 means high priority changes to a World-Check profile which can impact decisions. C4 are low priority changes which users might choose to ignore e.g. additional weblink.

I have attached a document which shows which type of change comes under which category.updatecategory.pdf

updatecategory.pdf (126.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

@Shweta Lal, thank you for that information. My question is about how that field updates over time. If there is a last name update on January 1, the documentation says I should expect a value of C1 to now display in this field. Now let's say that there is a place of birth update on February 1. Should I expect the update category field value to now change to C3, or will the higher C1 value remain?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.