For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 3 6

Is DSS can be used for getting real time data fast as a stream ?

Hi,

My need is getting real-time data as fast as I can, and the historical data (from a tick, min, hourly to daily data). for developing an enterprise application

I thought Elektron API would work in that case where we use WebSocket API once a connection is established the data flow between server to the client in a seamless manner

Now I came to DSS whether this service also offering the same functionalities as Elektron API in terms of real-time data and historical data. But from the DSS example , I saw a single request which gives a single response, I thought once I send the request. I will get the real-time data response seamlessly without any further additional request.

Is my understanding wrong on DSS?

elektron-sdkdss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@jayendrana, DSS (and TRTH for that matter) are database products, giving access to a wealth of information, but they do not deliver real-time data. DSS can deliver a snapshot of the current price, but with some latency. If you have important needs for historical data then you might want to have a look at TRTH.

For streaming real-time data you definitely need to use Elektron.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Christiaan Meihsl Thanks for the replay. My colleague provided another Service called TRKD. It seems Elektron and TRKD both were same in terms of getting real-time stream and historical data ?

Could you please give me some difference between Elektron and TRKD.

@jayendrana, TRKD is also a database product, like DSS and TRTH. The data coverage is different between DSS, TRTH and TRKD, but TRKD is definitely not a real-time product. If you want to understand the differences in terms of data coverage I suggest you contact a Thomson Reuters account representative.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.