question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Download manager URLs

Hi,

I am downloading data via Excel VBA. The Power, Gas, Carbon Research and Forecasts Download Manager template serves as a good learning material. I have found out, that I am accessing the data from Eikon database thanks to URLs. For example for 1003-PMT USNW Hydro ECOP STF BR the link is /rs/RoutingService_rest.svc/chartserver/DownloadTableCached?p=rpLvFH83z4h... I would like to ask whether these links are permanent and moreover if the file cached is always from the latest update.

Thanks in advance.

Filip

eikoneikon-com-apiexcelvbaenergy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Unfortunately, there is no officially supported API for this type of data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

In addition, we advise the clients not to use VBA scripts against Download Manager - Power, Gas, Carbon Research and Forecasts template.
The application is designed for manual retrieval of the files, and the content should only be stored and used in user’s Excel, similar to the desktop usage of the content in charts and tables. It is not permitted to download the data to the database nor use it in front-end applications.

If the user wants to use VBA script to load the files into his Excel only, it is recommended to do it on ad-hoc basis in terms of download frequency, rather than systematic cron job. The application is not meant for serving as automatic data feed.

Also, the link to the file uses a parameter that doesn’t allow the client to define the object they would want to view, hence running the VBA script might not return the expected data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27 0 0 2

Do we have python Script to use download manager

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.