I started to check what criteria are available in Excel Search window. So far I've got some questions:
1. Are there any references between criteria name and real field that can be found in Data Item Browser? For example, ExchangeCode - what fields are being searched for this criteria? Honestly, I expected that the search criteria names will match the field names...
2. Search:'a*' - Search Window says it's Name and Code - what is code? And what is/are the fields?
3. What are the difference between Search:'a', Search:'a*' and Search:'*a'. The results are not expected..
4. By accident, I tried to use RIC:'a*' and it worked. Also 'a', 'a*' and '*a' give me expected results. However, I don't see RIC as a search filter in Search Window. Is it not available in Excel? Also, what fields does it search for this filter?
@igorg, I contacted the product management for detailed information, but I will try to provide you with answers to most of your questions.
1. There are some fields from DIB that are searchable with the RSearch, but definitely not all. I will provide you with a list once I get more info.
2. Are you searching for equities? ISIN, SEDOL, VALOREN, WERTPAPIER, RIC, etc.
3. Could you elaborate on what you are expecting to see?
4. RIC is a code, therefore, the code field would take a RIC.
Also, could I ask you what problem you are trying to solve with RSearch?
1. It would be good to have it. Thanks
2. Yes (for now)
3. I'm expecting for Search:'a' to receive the tickers with one the the fields (from your answer #2) equals to 'a'. For Search:'a*' - a field starts with 'a', for Search:'*a' - ends with 'a'. I see this behavior when do search for 'RIC:...', but not with 'Search:...' . Example: RIC:'a' returns 1 result. Search:'a' - returns tons.
4. Sorry, I don't get that. I know what RIC means, but I don't see this field in DIB. I see TR.RIC, TR.PrimaryRIC and several others (don't remember from my head).. So which field is being search for RIC:'a*' (this is a part of question 1.).