For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 9 11

DSS REST API error message: «ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.NotFoundException: ExtractedFile of id 'VjF8fDQxMjQ5NDIxNw' not found».

Hi All,

one of my clients is experiencing an error message: «ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.NotFoundException: ExtractedFile of id 'VjF8fDQxMjQ5NDIxNw' not found». when trying to fetch the actual file after running "extractionsContext.LoadProperty(reportExtraction, «Files»" command. It appears only when there is a partial file present (i.e. the files named Intraday.5min.csv / Intraday.10min.csv / Intraday.15min.csv). Obviously the file id varies and the error does not pop out every time.

Can you please advise?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@lukasz.ossowski, that should not happen, but with the info you give it is difficult to diagnose or solve the issue. Could your customer share his actual code ? That might help us investigate.

Please also tell your customer to use diagnostics headers, as described here, and to send us the file ID that is not found, as well as the Client-Session-Id and Request-Execution-Correlation-Id used when he runs into the issue. That will help us trace the call.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@lukasz.ossowski, I received an answer from the dev team:

The Get Request was performed 840 milliseconds before the file was available. That would explain the later Request completing successfully.

So it seems there was sort of a race condition ... maybe the customer should just add a pause of a few seconds between the time the extraction is labeled "complete", and the moment he attempts to retrieve the file, that should solve it.

Side note: this makes me wonder if the customer is polling the extraction status (to find out when he can retrieve the files) at too short an interval ? The polling interval should be reasonable, I'd say 30 seconds or more, see page 8 of the best practices document.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

client-update-rest-api.pdf

Hi Christiaan,

please find attached detailed response from the client. Hope it will be useful.

Best,

Lukasz

icon clock
10 |1500

@lukasz.ossowski, just to keep you informed, the dev team is working on this, using the IDs you sent. I'm waiting for their conclusion.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.