question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Why is rfa.7.6.2.E4 not available for Visual Studio 15 (vc14)?

Simple question.

treprfarfa-apivisual-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Have sent an email to Iain Scott asking for help on this question

Hello @ed.mcconnell

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

@ed.mcconnell

RFA currently doesn't support Visual Studio 2017. I have contacted RFA development for plan on adding support for 7.x version. I will keep you posted.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Veerapath,

I was asking about Visual Studio 15 (vc14) not Visual Studio 17 (although I'm sure that would be useful to others).

Hi @ed.mcconnell,

I misunderstand the version, because the Visual Studio 2015 libraries have already been in the RFA 7.6.2.E4 package. Could you please re-verify your RFA package?

762e4.png (45.6 KiB)
ed.mcconnell avatar image ed.mcconnell veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Ah, I see. I assumed "VS" stood for Visual Studio. It's actually the compiler version.

So your *VS140* directories are for Visual Studio 15 (VS15!) which ships compiler version VC14!?

That's not confusing at all.

BTW, I couldn't find any information in your documentation about this in your C++ guide or release notes.

many thanks,

Ed.

Your understanding is correct. The directory name is for compiler version. The version name of Visual Studio is a quite confused. The following table from Wiki is about Visual Studio version information.

Anyway, the following information in the README file is about the VS version.

2.3.1 Version Info for RFA libraries
==================================
    (Visual Studio 2015 - 32 bit)
    AnsiPage140.dll                      6.1.0.39
    RFA7_Common140.dll                   7.6.2.1
    RFA7_Config140.dll                   7.6.2.1

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.