For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 1 3

How to download a list of stocks from ASX and its Sedol/Cusin/Isin in DDS?

I am a beginner in developing with DSS.

I’m trying to bulk download all equity stocks in Australia Stock exchange and get their Sedol/Cusin/Isin ids. From reading the docs, I think I should do a EquitySearch and set the Exchange param to “ASX” and then for every stock it returns, I should do a InstrumentSearch do a query for that stock and specify the PreferredIdentifierType to “Isin” and then do the same query again for “Sedol” and “Cusin”. Is there a more efficient way to do this so that I could get the multiple identifiers for all instruments in a single query?

Another thing I have tried is to make a Extraction request and filter by FileCode:

{"ExtractionRequest":{"@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.SubjectLists.InstrumentListItem","Identifier":"66","IdentifierType":"FileCode"}}

But that didn't seem to work due to malformed request content.

It would be great if someone could show me a REST query for this.

Thanks!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @Sunny.Wu

I believe the easiest way to do this is "TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest".

POST /RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract
Host: hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com
Prefer: respond-async
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Token _YourToken
{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "CUSIP", "ISIN", "SEDOL"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "66",
                    "IdentifierType": "FileCode"
                }
            ]
        }
    }
}

This will give you Sedol, Cusip, and Isin in one request.

The above example uses file code as the identifier. And file code "66" is "Australian Stock Exchange Equities".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 3 1 3

Thanks @Warat B. !

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.