For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 3 9 5

Intraday history for the current day.

Hi Team,

I'm trying to extract intraday historical data for the current trade day. I know TRTH embargoes the data for one day before making it available. Is there an API that will give me access to tick data for the last 5 hours for example?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsshistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@preshan.govinder, would you mind if we make this query public ? There is no reason to make it internal, customers could benefit from reading this.

Hi Christiaan,

Yes, please make it public

@preshan.govinder, done, thanks

Hello @preshan.govinder,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@preshan.govinder, here is what the DSS API can do:

The DSS Intraday Pricing Extraction request delivers a snapshot (not a time series) of the latest price of the current day. Note: the result might be embargoed (i.e. delivered after a venue dependent time) if you do not have real-time permissioning for the venue.

The DSS Timeseries Extraction request does not deliver data for the current day.

You might also want to investigate the various Eikon based APIs, if I'm not mistaken they can deliver time series data for the current day.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.