question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

The func OnStatusChange called when the data stream recovery but not the real time.

It looks like that the func OnStatusChange not work real time.

I need to get a notify when the link disconnect or the data source status changed.

However i always get the notify when it recovery.

I add my func notify as follow.

void OnStatusChanged(EEikonStatus a_eStatus) {

if (a_eStatus != Connected)

Notify(...);

}

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@guzhaowei007

If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @guzhaowei007,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@guzhaowei007
I'm not sure I understand the scenario you're describing or what you'd like to achieve. Would you mind elaborating? A detailed description of your scenario and what you'd like to achieve would be most helpful. It's also not quite clear what libraries you use.
In the meantime if you're looking for an explanation for when OnStatusChanged event is raised by EikonDesktopDataAPI COM object, please see the section describing EEikonStatus enum in the following document:
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-com/eikon-desktop-data-api/docs?content=786&type=documentation_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your reply.

I implement my C++ project base on the Realtime example (AdfinXRt) .

And I tried Inherit class IAdxRtListEventListener to get source status via the func OnStatusChange().

In my understanding, this func will be called as soon as the data source change .However, I find it always be called when the date source recovery. It means that when the data source status change to RT_SOURCE_DOWN, I can not get it real time. But when the data source recovery, the API tell me it has been down. I'd like to know what should I do to get the state changes in realtime.

@Alex Putkov, can you please respond to the aditionnal query posted in the comment ?

Hello @guzhaowei007,

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@guzhaowei007
I assume you're using Eikon Hosted account over the Internet, as I have reproduced the issue as you described it only when I connect to Eikon platform over the Internet. When I connect to local real-time market data infrastructure known as TREP, I do see AdxRtList object raising OnStatusChange event and reporting the source status as RT_SOURCE_DOWN upon disconnect from the network. When Eikon is configured to retrieve real-time market data from local TREP it is important to monitor both the connection to Eikon platform and the connectivity to local TREP. In case of Eikon Hosted account over the Internet all data is retrieved over the same connection, hence you can use the OnStatusChanged event of EikonDesktopDataAPI object, which in my testing is being raised as expected when the network is disconnected.
The issue you experienced is a deficiency, however it's unlikely to be addressed because Eikon COM APIs are in care & maintenance and only most critical bugs can be considered at this point. For this reason the workaround I described above is probably the best you can do.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.