For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 11 21 14

How do I request Entity data (having their OrgID) using the REST API

Using the DSS REST API C# examples and with your help, I have built and run successfully a series of bond ratings request (in VB.Net).

I now need to create a request for data about the issuers of these bonds, i.e. an entity request, and I don't quite know how to go about it, as my bond ratings request mention all sorts of bond related things such as RatingsExtractionRequest, RatingsCondtion, InstrumentIdentifierList, which are all not relevant for a entity base data request. Can you help me there with how such an entity request should look like?

I have the list of the OrgID's of interest, and a list of fields I'd like to retrieve for each of them. Is the "

LegalEntityDetailExtractionRequest" the right way to go about it ?

Thanks for your help.

Bernard

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-apientity
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@bernard.thouin, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
462 13 11 15
@bernard.thouin

Hi Bernard,

Correct, the Legal Entity Detail is the correct 'template'/request for getting this data and OrgID is a valid Entity-relevent Identifier to pull the data via this request.

Best regards,

Gareth

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You may find the Example Application useful for example C# / HTTP code:

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/Index (DSS Credential required to access)

I think the sample that would be of relevence is under "On Demand Extractions" > "Create: Detail (Entity Data)"

An SDK is also available via this location as well as other DSS API resources.

@bernard.thouin

In case you are not familiar with it, the Example Application and its usage are described in the DSS Quick Start.

Hi Chritiaan

I have got as far as requesting the entity data, but then I get the error "No permission for template LegalEntityDetailReportTemplate." :(

Can you please give me permission on that template so that I can continue testing the entity data retrieval ? Thanks !!!

Bernard

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.