For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 11 21 13

Cannot find entity name in legal entity detail fields

I have selected a number of legal entity details fields, but I failed to find a field that would contains the NAME of the entity. Am I blind, or is that not available on the normal LegalEntityDetailsTemplate ?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssfields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@bernard.thouin,

When you want to find a specific data field, there are 2 ways to proceed:

1) Check the Data Content Guide. Open tab "Field Descriptions", and use a text filter on column D or E to display only the rows that "contain" a keyword that defines what you are looking for, in this case I'd use "name". As you are interested in a particular template (Legal Entity Detail) you can filter column C to have only that template. There are 16 results, I guess the one you want is "Official Name":

2) Use the GUI. Create a Legal Entity Detail template, go to Fields, type what you are searching for in the search box, in this case "Name". Click on the results to see the field descriptions:

For more info, see this section of the DSS Programming without SDK tutorial.

entityname1.png (71.0 KiB)
entityname2.png (47.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
45 11 21 13

Ah, in method 2), the trick was to open a NEW Legal Entity Detail Report. I opened all the ones me and my colleague had already opened, hoping to be asked if I wanted to add a field, but that did not work.

And I downloaded the "data dictionary", that will surely be very useful :)

Regards

Bernard

icon clock
10 |1500

@bernard.thouin,

You can open an existing template, and then edit it. That will take you to the same place with the list of all available fields. But then you take the risk of accidentally modifying something you are using in production. Creating a new template (without saving it afterwards) is safer.

I suggest you make a habit of downloading the data dictionary every time a new DSS version is released (this happens 3 or 4 times a year), because the field set evolves with time. The next release is scheduled for January 2019.

Regards,

Christiaan

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.