question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Option Watch Historical data with Around the Strike condition using Eikon API

I am trying to extract historical data for Equity/Index Option for only those strikes which are within +/-10% of the at the money strike. How can we get this using Eikon API. Is it possible to create a daily schedule in DSS where every day I need not to update the RIC of options strikes (it should always pull those options within +/-10% of ATM strike.

A sample of the data I want to extract ( historical)

eikoneikon-data-apidss-rest-apieikon-com-apiderivatives
optwatcheik.png (196.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Deepak.Mishra is your question about Eikon API or DSS?

Either is fine, just need data in that format

@Deepak.Mishra I suggest you post a separate question for DSS, I will provide you the response for Eikon API

Hello @Deepak.Mishra

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @Deepak.Mishra

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@Deepak.Mishra the only way to achieve this fully is with a VBA/Excel solution with AdxRtList (get at the money), RSearch (build a query to get the rics) and RHistory APIs (get the history).

You can find the tutorials here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.