question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Few queries on case screening request api to help us determine the exact match for an entity/organisation

Below are few questions regarding case Screening request api:

1) While submitting case screening request for an organisation, ex "IBM" do we need to consider the "matchStrength" :"EXACT" from the result set ?

2) Will there be any such scenarios where we can have multiple entities for "matchStrength" :"EXACT" ?

3) Is there any possibility wherein I can get no record at all for "matchStrength" :"EXACT" ?

ex: I tried searching for "Tech Mahindra" and did not find any exact match. In such case what other probabilities can we consider ?

4) Along with "matchStrength" :"EXACT" field, do we need to consider other secondary fields too, like "registeredCountry" that can help us make a decision on which record to consider ?

world-checkscreeningscreening-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @fc23a1a5-6d6d-4c0a-8813-10ea9a0a34a7

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@bandana priyadarshini, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
2.4k 6 5 6

Hi

@fc23a1a5-6d6d-4c0a-8813-10ea9a0a34a7

Please find my answers below,

1) While submitting case screening request for an organisation, ex "IBM" do we need to consider the "matchStrength" :"EXACT" from the result set ?

- Yes, that contributes a lot to the logic behind you taking an informed decision about the match, weigh the matched term with the entity screened.

2) Will there be any such scenarios where we can have multiple entities for "matchStrength" :"EXACT" ?

- Yes, there can be scenarios where we can have multiple entries with matchStrength as exact, if you screen the organization "APPLE" you will observe this scenario.

3) Is there any possibility wherein I can get no record at all for "matchStrength" :"EXACT"?

- Yes, it is possible, to summarize the logic behind the matches that you will see once you

screen is that it depends on the matching strength that is set by you in your admin settings, for example, if your match strength is set to fuzzy you would get a higher number of results/matches compared to when it set to strong.

Another factor that contributes to the results that you get are the secondary fields that you're passing while screening an organization, World-Check one would filter and screen the organization against its data and present you the results.

: I tried searching for "Tech Mahindra" and did not find any exact match. In such case what other probabilities can we consider?

- You should consider the results obtained and their match strength, you may find results with match strength as STRONG, MEDIUM or LOW and take an informed decision based on your search criteria.

4) Along with "matchStrength" :"EXACT" field, do we need to consider other secondary fields too, like "registeredCountry" that can help us make a decision on which record to consider ?

-Yes, absolutely all the fields such as categories, country links, Identity documents etc are there to help you make an informed decision on the matched entity.

Let me know if this helps and feel free to write back if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mehran Khan

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for your answer on the query above. Besides, I would also like to know what are the list of secondary fields that are applicable for an individual, organisation and vessel respectively. May you please point us to an api documentation on this.

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

Hi,

Yes, you can access those details by using the API "SEQ-pre-group-case-template: Get the case template for a group" which will give you the entire list of secondary fields that are allowed under your group for an individual, org and vessel.

Regards,

Mehran Khan

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.