question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 3 3 2

What does "EikonExcel_Macro.xla" do in the Excel's VBE?

Hey team, I am using Excel 365. When I press alt+F11 to go to the VBA Editor (VBE), I see in the project panel, there is "EikonExcel_Macro.xla". The file does not have many codes in it at all, but it has a module called "Eikon" with limited codes in it.

So, on a high-level, what does "EikonExcel_Macro.xla" do? Why is it needed there?

eikoneikon-com-apiexcelvba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you. Is "printer helper" all it does? I think my question centers around why this xla file is needed there? Sometimes I saw this xla file and sometimes (especially after I restart my PC), that xla file will not show in VBE for a while.

As you rightfully noticed by looking at the code the file doesn't do much. It is indeed just a printer helper, nothing more. The file is part of Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office Excel COM add-in architecture. It is loaded when you sign in to Eikon platform from Excel using Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office Excel COM add-in.

Thank you all. This is helpful. I will close the case.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.