For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 4 6

Non-Unix format for DSS SFTP

Client's question re SFTP connection:

'I would like some guidance how to update the certificate from a non-Unix machine.'

I can see in the DSS FTP guide:

'Instructions for generating public keys are dependent on your client application but must be in UNIX format and contain one entry per line.'

Is there a way to do it with non-Unix format?

Thank you.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@aleksandra.kluczniak

We should encourage clients to use our forum. The forum is public so everyone can access. Therefore, you can advise clients to post questions by themselves.

Hello @aleksandra.kluczniak

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@aleksandra.kluczniak

The authorized_keys file requires a public key in UNIX format so you can't use non-UNIX format public key with the authorized_keys file.

Therefore, a tool used to create a public key must be able to create a public key in UNIX format used by the authorized_keys file.

For example, I have used a PuTTY Key Generator on Windows to generate a public and private key. After generating the keys, the PuTTY Key Generator has a text box containing a public key in UNIX format.

It contains one line public key for pasting into the authorized_keys file.

putty.png (16.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.