question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

MessageBuffer.h - binary '<<': no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'const V' (or there is no acceptable conversion)

Having a pretty basic build issue, albeit a blocking one, with my RFA Client Application in C++ with Visual Studio 2017 and with the included RFA library version rfa8.1.0.L1

Has anyone come across the following?

The main source of error is the file messagebuffer.h which is contained in the

log4cxx\log4cxx\helpers\messagebuffer.h

"binary '<<': no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'const V' (or there is no acceptable conversion)"
treprfarfa-apibuffermessage
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mark.lynn

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

Refer to the API Compatibility Matrix, RFA C++ doesn't support Visual Studio 2017. It supports Visual Studio 2015.

However, from the error message, it doesn't relate to the RFA C++ library. It may be a problem in the log4cxx library or its usage. You should contact the log4cxx community for assistance.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I agree they might be better placed and I have also asked a similar question there but I would like to believe that I am not the only developer trying to develop a C++ RFA application with log4cxx.
If someone has successfully done that I'd happily discuss with them how to get it done.

Given that VS 2019 RC is available today, when do you think there will be a forward step in the compatibility matrix, or do you believe it is a requirement to work in an IDE that is two major versions behind.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.