question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 6 11 17

Multiple Stream Ids

Can multiple stream Id requesting the same data be encoded as 1 message and sent to ADH to handle fanout ?

elektronelektron-sdktreprrteta-apielektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@vishal.anand
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

I posted the example , can I have an update please?

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@vishal.anand

Do you mean requesting the same item with different stream IDs to ADS with ETA (UPA)?

If you request the same item with different stream IDs to ADS with ETA (UPA), you will get the following error message.

Received Item StatusMsg for stream 6
        State: Closed/Suspect/Already open - text: "Item was reopened under new stream."

However, you can use RFA, ETA (ValueAdded with WatchList enabled) or EMA to request the same item because those APIs are able to handle fanout on behalf of the application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

For example, if someone requests for data for GOOGLE via ISIN as well as CUSIP the request from ADH will have different stream IDs but the data will be the same since they will both point to GOOGLE. My question is that is there any way in UPA to fanout the different stream IDs and not to process the same data multiple times for each stream ID? Or is there any way in UPA where I can insert multiple stream IDs in the same message or copy the RsslBuffers only at the end with different stream IDs?

Any update?

Hello @vishal.anand,

Please be informed that past questions with accepted answers are not actively monitored by forum's moderators.

Therefore, it's better to ask the new question and to include the link to the relevant info within the past question in it.

To clarify, UPA can not request data via CUSIP or ISIN. It can only be done via RIC. So both requests will establish streams via RIC.

Both EMA and UPA ValueAdd will properly handle the semantics of multiple streams for the same item on behalf of the application.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.