question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 2 5

RSearch API Memory Issue

Dear Sir,

Recently I keep receiving errors when running the RSearch query (send ) command. It used to work. So I download the example from this link on the Search example and I am running the C++ version, it gives an error in the RSearchCppEikonnectDlg.cpp line 251 ... return g_MyRSearchQuery->Send(l_EmptyVar);

It threw an exception:

Unhandled exception at 0x0F843A98 (PLConfigMgr.dll) in RSearchCppEikonnect.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000003C.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-com/eikon-desktop-data-api/downloads

It seems Reuters has changed something and now this example will not work.

Can I ask if there is any workaround?

Thanks.

Regards

Chang

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Which version of Eikon are you using? There's a known issue with RSearch library introduced in Eikon 4.0.46. With this known issue I would expect you to notice the problem when initializing RSearchMgr object, which returns E_FAIL. See this thread.
This known issue is fixed in upcoming Eikon 4.0.48 release, which is currently scheduled for pre-release on 03-May-19 and available to all users on 04-Jun-19.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 3 2 5

@Alex Putkov.

Yes tried on version 46 and 47 and have errors. Sometimes it's send and sometimes is initialize error.

Are we able to roll back versions? How do I get the pre-release updates?

Thanks.

Regards

Chang

icon clock
10 |1500

@ccchng
I sent you an email with instructions how to work around the issue until Eikon 4.0.48 is released.

Hello, I'm facing the same issue (with version 4.0.47). Could you please give me the work around ?

I don't think the workaround is worth implementing at this point. Eikon v4.0.48, which contains the fix for the root cause of the issue, was released to all customers last week. I would expect your version of Eikon to be updated automatically any day now. Alternatively you can force the update by uninstalling your current version of Eikon and downloading and installing the latest one from http://eikon.thomsonreuters.com.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.