question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

organizations and subsidiaries

when I search an entity I potentially see a large number of organizations (ex: Exxon returns a link to Esso Uk PLC) but there doesn't appear to be any information on the relationship or any way to determine the relevance. Does entity search use other data not available in the organization details?

permid-apientity
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@joshua.madan, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@joshua.madan, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@joshua.madan

I have used the entity search to search "Exxon" (https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/search?q=Exxon). It returns a lot of results, as shown below.

If you have any further questions, please share the request and response for the entity search.

entitysearch.png (30.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jirapongse,

Based on your example it is true the JSON response returns a list of companies but there is no way to be certain that "Petron Malaysia Refining & Marketing Bhd" is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corp.

Joshua

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.