question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

cURL - problems with data download TRTH V2 Rest API

I have problem with data download via cURL. However, when I post the link below to Chrome I get the results. Token is correct.

qas # curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization:Token $token" -X GET "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/RawExtractionResults('0x06xxxx2')/\$value" -x proxy.xx.xx.pl:80 -k

▒▒▒

▒@▒▒>▒B▒F▒Y▒Ƞ▒iD)▒.ݖ\c▒/ԋo_▒▒▒ea▒=|▒▒▒*9▒▒Fu▒Vg▒-S?▒▒1j*ej▒T▒▒▒TNq▒.y▒▒▒▒!,▒N▒▒ɦ,▒

▒xK▒▒j

▒f8▒▒▒▒"CBɂf▒▒▒<▒%c▒▒▒f▒uߪL

▒▒Лz▒"▒▒ޢ=$▒P▒{▒r▒n▒7▒s

tick-history-rest-apirest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ksm1234, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @ksm1234

The result of ExtractRaw should be in gzip compression format and cannot display to console directly. You need to redirect output to a gzip file via the "-o <filename.gz>" option ,and then use other tools such as gunzip command to decompress the file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes, excellent point :-)

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@ksm1234,

The output in the query above is unreadable, but 3 things catch my eye in the query:

• The content type, which for this request is usually "Accept-Encoding:gzip,deflate".
  • The "/\" in front of "$value". Can you try the same command but remove the "\", i.e. use "/$value" ?
  • The word "proxy", but maybe this is just obfuscation or a host name ? Just to be clear, in curl the proxy setting is "-x <IP>:<port>", for example "-x 192.168.0.1:8080"

So to summarize, I'd try this (after setting the appropriate JobId and proxy IP address):

curl -H "Content-Type:Accept-Encoding:gzip,deflate" -H "Authorization:Token $token" -X GET "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/RawExtractionResults('0x06xxxx2')/$value" -x 192.168.0.1:80 -k

If my suggestions do not help, please re-post the output of the curl command.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.