question

Upvote
Accepted
33 0 0 6

VBA - Manipulating/Launching Eikon windows

Hi,

I'm looking for ways to launch some Eikon windows using VBA. So for example start a Quote window or a Graph one on a given RIC. I've found some help on this topic (https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/7704/how-can-i-open-an-eikon-quoteapp-window-from-eikon.html) but I'd like to know more. I didn't find anything related to this in the documentation available on the website, where could I find some ?
Also, would it be possible to use this type of code to start other windows such as the DEAN app or the CBP one (and in the case of CBP, choose a given country) ?

Thank you and regards,
Vincent

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

@Alex Putkov.

@Zhenya Kovalyov

Could you please help the client regarding this Eikon COM question?

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The officially supported way to launch Eikon apps from another application is by using Eikon Side by Side Integration API. This API however currently supports a limited set of apps that can be launched, and this set does not include DEAN or CBP.
The way to launch an Eikon app you found on another thread on this forum is a legacy way, it's not officially supported and there's no public documentation available for it. However it does allow you to launch a wider array of apps including DEAN and CBP.

#DEAN:
"reuters://REALTIME/verb=Calculator/context=<P=""Type"">DepositAnalysis</P>"
#CBP:
"reuters://REALTIME/verb=Open/URL=cpurl:%2F%2Fapps.cp./Apps/cb-polls"
I don't believe there's a way to pass the country name to CBP app.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
33 0 0 6

Hi Alex, thank you very much for your help, works perfectly !

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.