question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 1 1 3

NASDAQ TotalView L2

how to download the totalview data (market depth) for Apple and Microsoft stocks for example? I tried all the features in market depth, but I have not been able to get more then the top prices (level 2).

tick-history-rest-apimarket-depth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@cedre.casey

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have already known an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@cedre.casey, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvote
Accepted
895 3 8 3

@cedre.casey This smells like a permissioning issue. The Totalview Service is directly permissionable by the exchange so I suspect you either dont have permission, or something has got lost in the admin if you do have permission to see the content.

I dont want to be slopey shoulders here, but I think this is best solved by the Support desk for Tick History. Could you click Contact Us and ask them to confirm why you cant see this content. Because it is directly billed I also cant access it here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
895 3 8 3

Could you check if you are accessing the level 2 data using the correct RIC. The USA equity market has a slightly different setup to other countries where you have the consolidated Tape RIC (eg <AAPL.O> for Apple) but to access some of the proprietary feed level 2 data you need to access other RICs.

The Nasdaq Totalview ITCH RIC is AAPL.ITC (the suffix is .ITC so also works for Microsoft MSFT.ITC etc etc). If you try to look at the level 2 data using this RIC, are you able to see anything?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
18 1 1 3

Hi Tim,

thanks for the reply.

No, I can't download the NASDAQ Totalview ITCH data, even after using the RICs with .ITC suffix. I used to be able to do so on the TRTH v1. all I need is few days of data, but I have no idea why I can't no longer have access to this data. do you have an idea how I can get this data?

thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.