question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 31 40

how can I get parent ric for 'derrived' rics?

DSTV.NS - parent RIC

DSTV_r.NS, DSTV_ra.NS, DSTVau,NS, DSTVol.NS - is there a way to find DSTV.NS for them?

"BCAST_REF" - works for 'au' and 'ol', but is empty for _r and _ra...

------------------------------------------

The goal is to build the maps between RIC and Exchange Ticker. All of those tickers have the same DISHTV exchange ticker. But in the maps I have to save only DSTV.NS -> DISHTV and DISHTV -> DSTV.NS

------------------------------------------

Another way would be to request the RICs excluding class shares. But I couldn't find the filter that would do this.

IsPrimaryIssueRIC == true : this one is almost what I need, but it removes interlisted tickers as well

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Your list contains RICs that refer to different instruments by the same company (e.g. DSTV.NS is an ordinary share and DSTV_r.NS is a rights issue), RICs that refer to different classes of shares (e.g. DSTV.NS and DSTVau.NS) and RICs that refer to different quotes for the same instrument (e.g. DSTV.NS and DSTVol.NS). I think you can use TR.IsPrimaryInstrument to filter out rights and other non primary issues. And then you can use TR.IsPrimaryQuote to filter out non-primary quotes or TR.PrimaryQuote to retrieve the primary quote RIC.

The best resource for content and content logic questions such as this one is Refinitiv Helpdesk. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in all types of content available through Eikon. This expertise is available through the Helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.